Cut amaryllis has replaced the poinsettia as a holiday favorite. It can be used in Christmas arrangement and look spectacular by itself in a tall vase.
* Cut a small piece off of the stem the stems and place the flowers in a clean vase with clean water.
* Use a high vase preferably, because the flowers can get really heavy.
* Keep flowers away from direct sunlight.
* The blooming process can be controlled by placing the flowers in or out of the cooler
* If a flower is broken, it is still possible to use it in a decoration piece.
* Hang an amaryllis upside down with a steel wire and fill the stem with water.
* Coming out of the box, amaryllis takes 1-2 hours to firm up.